Sales Interview Questions - What You Need to Know
SALES INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Buckle up and get interview ready for your next sales job - with our Sales Interview Prep - you'll be ready & confident to sit any Sales Interview.
We’ve all either seen or heard of ‘’The Wolf of Wall Street’’ and the iconic interview questions for Sales reps being ‘’Sell me this Pen’’. This question could be asked but it is not the be all and end all of a sales interview. Besides everyone will now have an answer for this thanks to that movie. What we’re here to do is fill you in all of the other important Sales Interview Questions.
As said before in our previous blogs on Types of interview questions (Personal, Motivational & Competency) these questions can be used in all types of interviews – they just need adapting to the industry, so don’t forget to check them out too.
With that let’s get straight to the top 10 Sales interview questions we’ve all been waiting for:
- What percentage of your targets did you achieve in your last sales job?
- What would you say are the key issues in negotiating?
- In your own opinion what are the 5 best skills/personality traits needed to be successful in Sales?
- Tell me about a hard sell you once had? – How did you deal with it?
- Talk to about how you negotiated hard to settle terms and conditions of a sale?
- How would you adjust your sales pitch for different audiences?
- Tell me how you developed one of your larger accounts in your previous sales job?
- How do you/would you keep up to date with your target market?
- What made you want to get into sales?
- How would you/did you research potential customers before you made the first call/email?
Bonus Interview Question:
*Talk me through your typical sales cycle (Long or Short)?
We wish we could help you with answering the interview questions but sadly that's not how interviews work. Interviewers and Recruiters can tell if you learned answer off. The best practice would be to write down some key points to keep you on track when practicing and it all comes out naturally.
Don't forget to stay with us because next week there will be another installment into our Interview Tips.
If you are looking for a new job in sales feel free to check out our Sales jobs here.