Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Type||Permanent Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||£29000 - £35000 per annum + Plus bonus and benefits|
|Date Posted||about 1 month ago|
Accountant | Salary £29,000 - £35,000 + bonus + benefits | Chartered Accountancy Firm | Edinburgh, UK
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join the Business Support Management Team, working as part of a current team of 22. Our client offers the chance to work with clients in a wide range of sectors and the role will involve a great deal of client contact some of which will be at a clients' premises. The role represents the opportunity for someone to assist in the continuing growth and development of the department.
The appointed Accountant Main Duties will be:
- Service a varied portfolio of clients in a pro-active manner.
- Preparation of management accounts for a variety of clients and writing meaningful commentaries on the figures which will assist clients in effectively running their businesses.
- Preparation of forecasts, business plans and other ad hoc reports.
- Preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations.
- Assisting with review and development of improved working practices and in house training sessions.
- Coaching junior staff.
- Developing and maintaining client contact and relationships.
- Liaison and communication with Managers and Partners.
The appointed Accountant Profile and Skills are:
- Professionally qualified accountant, or qualified by experience.
- Experience in business support work in an accountancy practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility and suggest solutions to problems encountered.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Good IT skills including Sage and/or Xero experience.
- Track record of work delivered to budget.
- Ability to analyse figures in a meaningful way.
- Good time management skills and ability to efficiently organise your own workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Good technical (financial reporting) skills.
- Proven success as a team player but must also be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or call us for Edinburgh 0131 510 0024, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: ACA , ICAS , ACCA , Qualified , Chartered Accountant , CIMA , Audit
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- General Ledger Accountant (French)
€20000 - 30000
The Company. For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant France. The ...about 1 month ago
- English speaking experienced Accountant
€25000 - 28000
The Company. For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant. The Job. In...about 1 month ago
- French Junior Accountant
€£18000 - £21000
Small accounting firm working with UK and international clients is looking for a French speaking Junior Accountant. The role requires a very good understanding of gene...2 months ago
- General Ledger Accountant
€0 - 0
For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant. The Job In this role, yo...3 months ago
- German Speaking Staff Accountant
Advancing People Multilingual - Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for a German speaking Staff Accountant for their client based in Gloucester, Gloucestershire...4 months ago