Get similar jobs by email Register →
Our client is a world leader in the sector of business consulting, offering services in the field of Finance, Systems Integration, Telecommunications and Informatics among many others. With operation centers in more than 70 countries worldwide, today this corporation is a recognise global leader in the "next generation" of business consulting with reported revenues of billions of dollars. As an employer is ranked among the most innovative companies to work for in various magazines like The Wall Street Journal. This is not only a good chance to get the job you are looking for, but an opportunity to grow in skills and professional experience at international level and with a global known corporation.
Scope of employment:
The Senior Accounting Assistant provides general administration support within the finance and accounting department by being responsible of the day to day maintenance of the complete General Ledger by creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures. The role of General Ledger accountant is essentially the same, implying a somewhat higher level of experience and seniority and you are expected to reach that position and level within a sensible period of time.
- Distributes invoices, posts batches, receives payments, processes accounts payable invoices, and mails accounts payable checks.
- Calculates routine commissions, interest, and payments for each transaction; creates and distributes routine commission statements for each transaction for closing.
- Uses office automated systems to input data to facilitate accounting tasks; generates basic financial reports, and responds to general inquiries. Identifies and escalates problems as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining customer specific program information in tables, auditing orders and reporting; makes necessary corrections to vendor claims, and answers queries about the program.
- Maintains pending files and performs timely follow ups to ensure quality customer service.
- Performs routine data entry, filing, and maintenance in order to support the department. May deviate from routine policies and procedures when need arises.
- Verifies cost accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable records in order to ensure accuracy. Balances general or subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two or more years of finance administration experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles, with bookkeeping, with financial software packages.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Communication skills to interface with company employees.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Very competitive remuneration.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- Yearly bonuses.
- State of the art office building in Prague center.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- Extensive training and coaching.
- Perspective projects with an international scope.
- Positive and social working environment.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Junior Accounting Role with Bulgarian
€30000 - 35000
We're now seeking several people with fluent Bulgarian language skills to work in financial administration and accounting roles for a large international here in Pragu...about 1 year ago
- Senior General Ledger Accountant with Finnish
€40000 - 50000
Join a multinational accounting team here in Prague! Genuinely interesting new accounting opportunities in a successful global company Main Tasks - Manage assigned led...about 2 years ago
- Junior Finance Specialist with Dutch
The Employer is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, their headquarters are in France. Business Services Centre in...2 months ago
- Payroll Specialist with French
€29000 - 32000
Join a payroll team working for French clients. Training is provided so we welcome applications from graduates or people wanting to learn a new financial role. In this...about 2 years ago
- Collections Specialist with Dutch
€30000 - 35000
We now have opportunities to join our major international client's finance and accounting team. Based in Prague you will be responsible for a portfolio of Dutch-speaki...about 2 years ago