Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Recruiter Name||Hays Netherlands|
|Job Title||Application Support Engineer|
|Job Type||Temporary Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||€1 per uur + Negotiable hourly rate|
|Location||Eindhoven , Noord-Brabant|
|Date Posted||over 1 year ago|
Application Support Engineer - Eindhoven - Managing and maintaining the software-test and - Debug environment
Start date: 04/04/2016
Duration: 3 month, with option to extend
Hours a week: 40
The software engineering infrastructure group is responsible for the software development environment, which is being used by more than 1000 software developers. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the clients product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the clients software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at our customers. This job will give you the opportunity to work in a team of Application Support specialists and Infrastructure Specialists.
Managing and maintaining the software-test and - debug environment of the software development environment, in co-operation with the Infrastructure team, the internal customer and Test architect.
- Deliver support Software Test and Debug Environment based on Solaris and Linux;
- Take ownership of the test environment as provided to the internal customer. The test environment supports more than 1000 software developers;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Participate as technical expert in running projects within the IT CCP ST software group;
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the test environment.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope;
- Strong partner in discussions with test architect.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments;
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl and Python);
- Knowledge of ClearCase, Clearquest is a pre.
- Knowledge of Storage Solutions;
- Knowledge of Databases: Oracle, SQL;
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Software Test environments;
- Software Development process;
- Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure;
- Virtualizations techniques (Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris LDOM's).
- Able to handle issues from demanding customers in a professional way.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Software Support Analyst (German)
€28000 - 30000
Job Description Do you have an IT Engineering background? Are you passionate about solving technical problems? Then this one is for you: The Company Our client is a we...30 days ago
- Danish Tech Support Dublin
€20000 - 21000
What are we looking for? For this job in Tech Support we are looking for Danish speakers with a good level of English, someone who wants to work abroad and likes the i...about 2 months ago
- Dutch IT Analyst - Krakow
€5000 - 6000 per month
Job Summary If you speak Dutch and have a knack for technology then this could be the IT Job for you. We want you to be the next Dutch speaking IT Analyst in Krakow, P...29 days ago