Get similar jobs by email Register →
Captive Insurance Underwriter
A well-known Corporate Broker is seeking a suitable candidate to work in their Captive Management Team
The role requires overall responsibility for a portfolio of captive re(In)surance companies and the provision of technical underwriting support across the team.
- Manage the day to day delivery of captive management services to his or her clients, and be the primary point of contact within the captive team, for the nominated client companies, in relation to all re(in)surance management services
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with nominated clients, and gaining an understanding of the clients’ business and industry.
- Main contact for Underwriting and Claims queries/information on captives
- To liaise with the parent company, insurance supervisor, insurers, brokers, reinsurers, auditors, directors, lawyers actuaries etc. to fulfil the above responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that re(in)surance companies under management comply with Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) regulations and filing requirements, assist in Solvency II implementation and any other pertinent legislation and guidelines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years captive underwriting experience
- Have experience of Irish Regulatory environment
- Have experience of re(in)surance underwriting preparation
- Hold a professional Qualification
- Hard working, proactive and flexible in their approach to business
- Strong client advocate
- Results driven with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Broad product and market knowledge
Dependent on experience and excellent benefits package