Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Recruiter Name||American Express|
|Job Title||Credit Controller - German Speaking|
|Job Type||Permanent Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Date Posted||2 months ago|
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do. American Express is a global service company, providing Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our Credit department aims to strike the right balance between enabling spend and taking actions to recover balances, prevent fraud and limit exposure for American Express.
In the German/Austrian Past Due team, you will be responsible for managing first contact resolution with Card Members who are either overdue or have had a rejected direct debit payment. These Card Members require re-education on the impact of late or rejected payments. You will display exceptional negotiation skills for the collection of overdue payments to avoid potential losses to the company, resolving and preventing future occurrence. You will be part of a team that delivers world class results, both for Card Members and the business.
In your role you will:
- Negotiate for the collection of overdue payments;
- Secure the repayment of due and overdue funds;
- Put in place repayment plans that balance the customer’s ability to repay and ongoing account management;
- Uphold the American Express brand image and customer loyalty through outstanding customer service;
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both outstanding customer experience and shareholder value.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is not necessary.
More importantly, you must be:
- A fluent German and advanced English speaker;
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
- Highly assertive with an accomplished telephone manner;
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Confident taking initiative and making judgement calls;
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Passionate about American Express and Customer Service
Blue Box Benefits – What’s in it for you?
Our state of the art office in the heart of Brighton provides onsite facilities including a restaurant, coffee bar and gym, designed to put your wellbeing first.
At American Express, you will be part of a thriving and engaged culture where employee engagement and satisfaction ratings consistently place us as one of the best big companies to work for in the UK (Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2017)..
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
- German Speaking Customer Service Cork
Cork City, Cork
€21000 - 22000
Job Summary This particular Customer Service job is for a German speaker who enjoys Holiday Planning and Tourism activities is based in Cork. We are looking for an ent...3 months ago
- German Speaking Customer Service Agent - Eindhoven
Eindhoven, North Brabant
€2000 - 2500 per month
To the tech savvy German speaker looking to explore a little more of the world. Here is a new German speaking Customer Service job with a technical twist in Eindhoven,...9 days ago
- German Speaking Customer Service Dublin for Industry Leader
€22000 - 25000 per annum + relocations package + benefits
Job Summary Calling all entry level German speakers with a drive to succeed and grow! Here is a German speaking Customer Service job with a sales twist - work for one ...3 months ago
- German Nutritionist
Be part of it This opportunity is with an internationally recognised global outsourcing partner that operates in over 25 countries. You will be representing a world le...10 days ago