Seeking IT job in Reading, South East England? SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an outstanding Database Administrator for a dynamic, fast-growing and market-leading online gaming company based in the south east of England. A leading supplier of high-quality online gaming product, our client are looking for someone who can come in and make an immediate difference.
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
As the Database Administrator responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the database, you will:
- Focus on ensuring the continuous availability of services by monitoring all Postgres/Cassandra databases
- Assist the QA team with testing, implementation and troubleshooting of databases as required
- Assist the DB Architect and Development team with configuration and implementation of new functionality, whilst ensuring a minimum of downtown for customer-facing services
- Schedule and monitor backups of critical data to ensure availability of critical data in the event of an outage
- Complete work requests via Jira
- Ensure that you maintain your own skillset in order to be up-to-date with all business requirements
Database Administrator Requirements:
- Good knowledge of Postgres
- Linux/Unix command line knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot any issues using logs and tools in a timely manner
- Familiarity with NoSQL architecture
- Experience of supporting reporting/ETL automated processes
- A wide-ranging understanding of both emerging NoSQL and RDBMS technologies, alongside a sound understanding or SQL structures and functionality
Additionally, desirable skills include:
- In-depth knowledge of Apache Cassandra
- Bash/ksh/Perl scripting knowledge
- Exposure to DevOps/Agile methodologies and tools
- Data modelling experience
- Familiarity with Pentaho Data Integration 7.x
The client is a gaming company who create and build games for a number of the leading online gaming and casino, including but not limited to Ladbrokes, GVC, Rank, and BetVictor. Currently around 60 employees, they've overseen growth from 50 since the beginning of 2017, and see this growth continuing through 2018 and beyond.
With most of the team based in Reading, they have only recently started to expand their team into Gibraltar. They see it as a growth market for the company moving forwards. Benefits include pension plan, cash plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, a Perk box, and training on your skillset.