Get similar jobs by email Register →
Job Title Demand Planning Manager
Role reports to: Marketing Director
Overall Purpose of Job:
A highly visible supply chain role that will oversee Demand Planning (forecasting and inventory) requirements process. This is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing Demand Plan and inventory plans that will enable the Company to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
- Designing and generating weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
- Relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually tier 1 account POS and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Marketing Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
Essential Skills and Attributes:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience using Oracle/Demantra or other demand planning software in an ERP environment
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and Team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- 5 years related experience
- Experience with MRP functionality
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
- Business or related degree with strong preference for qualification or training in Statistics
Salary: Commensurate with experience