Get similar jobs by email Register →
Description: Provide technical expertise in at least two of the following areas; Process Safety; General & Occupational Safety; Occupational Hygiene & Ergonomics; Environmental Protection & Sustainability.
General & Occupational Safety Responsibilities
- Support the Site and Extended Leadership Team in developing and coordinating an effective EHS Management System
- Support the EHS Manager in developing policies and procedures and maintain EHS documentation that ensures compliance with all applicable legislation and companyCorporate policies
- Actively support site performance and tiered review mechanisms
- Develop and report data required on a regular basis both at site & company level
- Actively support and where required organise site EHS governance mechanisms, including the EHS Council, Health & Safety Committee, , and the site Change Control Board and topic specific Steering Teams
- Keep abreast of new Regulations and Codes of Practice in the areas of expertise and assist in maintaining an up to date Register of Legislation.
- Carry out EHS inspections and surveys
- Carry out/co-ordinate EHS training needs analysis in consultation with the Site Training Co-ordinator and develop and provide training as necessary
- Investigate incidents and accidents as required and complete appropriate documentation. Share learnings via the company Alert system
- Complete level 1 & 2 audits of the EHS management system and of performance standards both on site and for suppliers or contractors
- Coordinate and manage implementation of key EHS projects and systems e.g. production of monthly EHS briefs, incident reporting modules, PTW system, Living Safety Programme.
- Represent site on company Corporate, Trade Groups such as IBEC and Pharmachem Ireland Safety and Environmental Working Parties as required
- Provide input to the site Technology Transfer team for new product introductions
- Lead and behave in accordance with our cultural framework
- Process Safety Specific Activities
- Act as subject matter expert for all teams and site in relation to COMAH/Seveso II including Technical Notifications, HSA Interface and Safety Report
- Ensure key documents in relation to process safety are maintained in an inspection ready state
- Work with Technical staff to develop and maintain Basis of Safety files for all processes on site including Pilot Plant
- Ensure HAZID studies are completed when required
- Ensure 5 Year Process Hazard Reviews (PHRs) are completed when required Chair HAZOP’s and Design Reviews as per site procedure as required
- Review Risk Assessments associated with Change Controls and provide active input to site Change Control Board
- Actively support and where required organise site EHS governance mechanisms, such as the Process Safety Steering team
- Assess the impact of potential new products or projects on site SEVESO II ‘specified area’ and on planning applications
- Update the Site Process Safety Plan at the required frequency
- Environmental & Sustainability Specific Activities
- Ensure full compliance with site EPA Integrated Pollution Control Licence No. 473.
- Coordinate all applications for changes, revisions, full applications to the site IPC Licence.
- Ensure full compliance with company environmental standards and guidelines.
- Operate and maintain an appropriate Environmental Management System.
- Act as the point of contact with the EPA, Department of the Environment and Cork County Council.
- Investigate environmental incidents and accidents as required and complete appropriate documentation
- Evaluate wastes from all new products and to ensure that the appropriate treatment techniques are employed for safe and environmentally acceptable disposal.
- Meet all regulatory reporting requirements e.g. EPA Annual Report; Corporate EHS Report; Monthly EPA Reports.
- Actively support site EHS governance mechanisms
- Occupational Hygiene & Ergonomics Specific Responsibilities
- Complete chemical risk assessments and occupational hygiene monitoring
- Communicate and file results of occupational hygiene monitoring
- Ensure Cork Chemical Database is maintained
- Provide input to site chemical containment document and provide containment advice
- Maintain the Site RPE free tracker at the appropriate frequency
- Provide a support service for occupational Noise and Vibration issues
- Provide safety support to labs on site – Radiation Safety (Physical Properties Development Lab)
- Take responsibility for organisation and co-ordination of the Risk Assessment programme
- Develop & implement the site ergonomics programme
- Provide leadership for the DGSA and REACH requirements
- Ensure the site has appropriate PPE for required tasks
- Deliver training as required e.g. chemical awareness, PPE etc
- A Science or Engineering based degree together with a post graduate or professional EHS qualification e.g. Chartered Health & Safety Practitioner, member of IOSH or IOH, IChemE (Process Safety), Inst Environmental Management
- 5+ years as an EHS professional in the Pharma industry on a primary manufacturing facility
- Thorough knowledge of process plant
- Sound knowledge of EHS legislation
- Have a sound technical knowledge of their specific discipline and good understanding of critical business functions on site.
- Detailed knowledge of the cGMP requirements relevant to the role and understand the company Global Quality Policies and Global Quality Guidelines that relate to the role.
For further Information on this role, please contact Sarah on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- French Technical Support Advisor
French Technical Support Advisor Our client is open-minded, sociable and proactive people who are business orientated and have a keen interest in IT. You will be given...3 months ago