Get similar jobs by email Register →
Finnish Medical Information Product Specialist
Location: Cork, Ireland
Our client is a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry located in Cork, who are searching for a speaking medical information product specialist to join their expanding team.
The Medical Information organization combines scientific knowledge and communication expertise in order to organize and deliver relevant medical communications that are meaningful and relevant to customers, enhances patient care and advances the quality and transparency of research.
Medical Information Product Specialist
provides answers to unsolicited medical requests from customers. Answers are created based on professional and scientific expertise, and serve as an essential link between our client and customers (Health Care Providers [HCPs] or patients, respectively). Careful listening to customer needs and adequately responding to customer inquiries is associated with a positive customer experience.
Regional Subject Matter Expert for Medical Information
- Provide answers for specific, detailed requests related to his/her therapeutic area (TA) in English and/or local Language.
- Is accountable for planning, researching and writing scientifically complex, high quality, balanced, scientifically based, consistent and accurate medical information responses for use by internal business partners to answer unsolicited external customer questions and from internal business partners.
- Maintain broad knowledge of medical information resources; able to easily access and expertly integrate data and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs across regions, functions, and phases of drug development.
- Manage issues and crisis management to his/her TA.
- Is accountable for identifying new ways of doing business and/or replicate best practices with regional/global application to promote consistency and proactively communicates to facilitate widespread adoption.
- Cooperate with key personnel to analyze metrics for applicable TA.
- Maintain and develop product and disease training for Medical Information.
Support for European Medical Information
- Enable requests to be answered in a timely manner with the lowest cost and effort, through training and quality monitoring of responses to support First Touch Point Resolution.
- Continuously monitor requests and awareness of products, competitors and TA changes/issues in order to identify new topics coming up from the markets, since this may require new/updated standard answers, databases and trainings.
- Responsible for coordinating the development and review of medical information responses with team members, manage expectations and timelines effectively.
- Create enduring materials to maximize medical information dissemination that has broad customer impact.
- Provide formal or informal coaching to others in the function, across geographies, or other departments by sharing scientific therapeutic expertise and medical information, give guidance, and answer questions across regions, functions and phases of drug development.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing for peer reviews and quality checks.
- Responsible for product training and processes to support Medical Information in answering customer questions.
- Serve as resource to answer questions from Medical Information related to strategy for launch.
- Responsible to provide support for the frontline in answering customer questions according to the business continuity plan.
- Responsible for supporting the implemention of the new organizational structure in Europe.
- Support the operations on Alliances partnership when Medical Information is involved.
- Build/manage relationships with colleagues in the centralized European Medical Information organization.
- Foster interaction and teamwork with global counterparts and across Medical to ensure successful regional launches and ensure regional needs are incorporated into global work plans.
- Actively participate in the Business Unit TA organization for the region.
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to his/her specialist-matter subject.
- Keep up-to-date with competitor product knowledge and competitive market position, global developments and changes related to his/her subject matter.
- Expert knowledge of how to analyze and integrate data and information from a broad range of resources and technologies to address complex customer questions in a timely manner.
Additional Responsibilities in case the affiliate delegates Responsible Pharmacist duties:
- Responsible for the delegated Responsible Pharmacist duties on Medinfo activities and local specificities of regulations are taken into account:
o Responsible for compliance with the requirement for information on products aligned with the ethical principles in the Public Health Code and providing periodic reports to the Responsible Pharmacist and alert him/her as needed.
- Pharmacist, physician or university degree in natural science, or relevant equivalent business experience.
- Native level of Finnish and fluency in English
- Effective telephone communication and computer skills
- Strong medical writing skills required; able to translate complex medical information and data into a succinct, technically correct, readable document that customers are able to read and use to make clinical decisions.
- Experience in applying the principles of Evidence Based Medicine in searching, analyzing and writing medical information.
- Experience with entering data into databases, performing medical literature searches and evaluation of the medical literature
- Resource Management skills
- Flexibility in order to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate problem solving and strategic thinking
- Use creative and innovative thinking, techniques and tools to business advantage
- Advanced written and verbal English skills
- Experience in using validated quality systems or databases
- Experience in product launch
- Ability to work across functional and geographical boundaries
- Ability to influence others without direct supervision
- A writing exercise is required as a part of the candidate evaluation process.
Additional Skills/Preferences –
Additional Qualification Requirements in case the affiliate delegates Responsible Pharmacist duties:
- Very good knowledge of the country national regulations
- Analytical and evaluation capacity
- Some experience in Medical Information preferred