Get similar jobs by email Register →
Our client is a world leader in the sector of business consulting, offering services in the field of Finance, Systems Integration, Telecommunications and Informatics among many others. With operation centers in more than 70 countries worldwide, today this corporation is a recognise global leader in the "next generation" of business consulting with reported revenues of billions of dollars. As an employer is ranked among the most innovative companies to work for in various magazines like The Wall Street Journal. This is not only a good chance to get the job you are looking for, but an opportunity to grow in skills and professional experience at international level and with a global known corporation.
Scope of employment:
The General Ledger Accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information which impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. This position plays a critical part in the company's month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with legislation.
- Regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments.
- General Ledger accounts reconciliations.
- Repetitive and ad hoc journal entries to keep accurate accounting records.
- Pre-Billing initiations.
- Various reports distribution.
- Purchase orders review and Financial approving.
- Invoice approval.
- Clearing of transactions on BS accounts on a monthly basis.
- Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities.
- Complying internal policies and procedures.
- Supporting internal and external audits as requested.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned.
- Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners.
- Maintaining up to date process documentation.
- Finance/Accounting/Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience (GL, AP, AR or fixed assets).
- Good understanding of finance policies and procedures.
- MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Systems knowledge of SAP R3 FI/CO, BW, SRM, LN databases is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key.
- Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements.
- Very competitive remuneration.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- Yearly bonuses.
- State of the art office building in Prague centre.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- Extensive training and coaching.
- Perspective projects with an international scope.
- Positive and social working environment.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- General Ledger Accountant (French)
€based on the experience
For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a French General Ledger Accountant. The Job. In this ...19 days ago
- General Ledger Accountant with Bulgarian
€40000 - 50000
We are searching a suitable candidate for our client an international petrochemical company who has opened new accounting shared service center in Prague. This positio...about 1 year ago
- Senior General Ledger Accountant with Finnish
€40000 - 50000
Join a multinational accounting team here in Prague! Genuinely interesting new accounting opportunities in a successful global company Main Tasks - Manage assigned led...about 2 years ago
- Junior General Ledger French - Page Group SSC
Junior General Ledger with fluency in French and English. Great career opportunity in an international and fast growing environment in Barcelona within PageGroup Share...about 2 months ago
- French Junior Accountant
€£18000 - £21000
Small accounting firm working with UK and international clients is looking for a French speaking Junior Accountant. The role requires a very good understanding of gene...5 months ago