Get similar jobs by email Register →
The human factors department specialises in focussing upon how an individual reacts, both physically and mentally, to a broad range of scenarios to do with rolling stock. A laymen terms example could be: the client needs a driver to be able to slow a train down according to a signal which the train has received. The Human factors team will assess the psychological and physical requirements to make sure the driver notices the command and takes the necessary action.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Human Factors professional to join and develop a growing department within the most recognisable rail consultancy within the industry. There is scope to become a leading expert within a range of emerging fields including European Rail Traffic Management Systems.
The Human Factors Senior Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of a range of assignments in relation to assessing the human interaction with a range of systems related to rolling stock. Whilst it is not possible to give an exhaustive list of likely jobs, the reader can expect to be analysing items relating to driver / cab interaction or passenger / carriage interaction.
Typically, this will involve face to face meetings with clients to understand the nature of their requirements, getting to know the company, understanding their business and ultimately understand the scope of the project ensuring it is delivering what the client wants.
In any typical project, The Senior Engineer will:
- Have an initial meeting with the client to understand their requirement
- Determine the resources required including costs and timescales
- Map out the key phases of the project
- Deliver to the requirements of the project
- Maintain excellent communications with the client on a face to face basis
- Conduct the relevant follow up to ensure the client is satisfied with the work
Essential criteria is as follows:
- Direct experience of applying human factors to industry – 5-10 years
- Direct experience of applying human factors to the rail industry – min 2 years experience
- Specific experience of drivers cabs and/or passenger environment.
- Degree in Ergonomics/ Human Factors
Desirable Criteria is as follows:
- Knowledge of European Rail Traffic Management Systems
- Knowledge of Automated Train Operations
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Danish Presales Consultant
€0 - 0
Do you have a big interest and passion for sales and want to work for one of the worlds largest IT and software companies? Here is your chance! About HPE HPE helps the...about 1 month ago