Get similar jobs by email Register →
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Engineer to join a Telecoms organisation in Gibraltar. This is the ideal role for someone with at least 6 years of Linux administration experience within a large organisation. You should have strong VMWare experience and good DBA skills. The perfect candidate will be local, or able to relocate quickly, with the ability to design and build high availability systems.
An exciting local organisation, with fantastic offices and a good working environment, this organisation treats its staff like gold and offers a lifelong career in Gibraltar.
The Senior IT Engineer is an extremely integral role within the organisation, responsible for maintaining the ISP Infrastructure and supporting internal enterprise applications. This role will be required to provide On-Call support as and when needed and will also include the following responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor security systems
- Support internal enterprise applications - billing systems, ticketing systems
- Desktop, laptop, server and printer support
- Scripting Support
- Maintain the ISP Infrastructure (FreeRadius, DNS, Apache, NGinx, cPanel, SMTP)
- Manage projects and staff on various tasks
- Incident and problem analysis, progression and resolution
Skill and Experience:
- An excellent communicator (Fluent written and spoken English)
- VMWare Migration experience (vSphere 5.5-6)
- Scripting skills in Bash, Shell, HTML, PHP, Perl
- Excellent VMWare
- Excellent RedHat / CentOS 5-6-7 and Ubuntu Server
- Excellent MySQL DBA Skills
- SAN and NAS products and technologies
- Strong hardware knowledge, including HP servers
- Able to build and maintain a backup Infrastrucutre
- Experience of monitoring and security systems (Nagios, cacti and PRTG)
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 plus various benefits.
Do you have what it takes to become their newly appointed Senior IT Engineer?
To find out more about this position, please click "Apply" or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills: Linux, Network Analyst , IT Engineer , VMWare , Telecoms , Gaming , Finance , Spain , Online Gaming , Gibraltar , Team Lead , Hardware , Development , Senior , DBA
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- German IT Support - First Level Support Dublin
€23000 - 26000
What are we looking for? Are you an IT whiz kid? Do people turn to you for help with Their IT equipment? If so then why not get paid for it? If you speak German and ar...about 2 months ago