£45-50k per year
The role involves managing the delivery of multiple projects across the organisation, from Initiation to Close, facilitating successful delivery.
The range of projects are diverse; covering all areas of the business from Marketing to Shipping and will include implementation of internal and 3rd party technical solutions in many of them.
The Project Manager will be instrumental in helping implement continuous improvement of project management competency and understanding at the company as part of the PMO team goals and objectives.
Responsible for managing the successful delivery of projects to agreed scope, quality and time.
Manage multiple projects at any one time.
Manage a diverse range of projects across the organistaion including technical solution implementation, compliance and operational business change.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Facilitate the definition of project tasks, resource requirements and resource allocation
- Develop and prioritise project plans with stakeholders
- Assemble and coordinate project teams
- Manage project budget
- Track project deliverables, and communicate status updates to stakeholders using appropriate tools
- Provide day to day direction and support to project team
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Manage project risk and issues to ensure milestones and business-critical deadlines are met
- Partake in project evaluations and PMO project Health Check reviews as appropriate
Education and Experience
- Qualification in project management or equivalent
- Proven experience in delivering IT projects
- Experience in Waterfall, iterative and Agile delivery
- 5 years of direct project management experience
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management skills; ability to read stakeholders and adjust communication style accordingly.
- A positive approach; always looking for solutions not ‘problems’ with a can-do approach.
- Critical thinking and ability to solve complex problems
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Professional at all times, using a proactive and collaborative approach. An open flexible working style is key, with the ability to build trust and credibility quickly.
- Adaptable with the ability to work in a “start-up” environment; ability to cope with the unknown and unexpected, as well as the routine, and able to work with incomplete and conflicting information
- Excellent MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Skills
- Function Heads
- PMO team
- IT Department UK & US
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check.