Get similar jobs by email Register →
Our client is looking for a Java Developer to join their team!
- Receive world-class on-the-job training and mentoring within a large team of senior JEE Developers experienced in Banking and Payments
- Works as part of a team of Developers in the design, development, and implementation of JEE/Oracle applications
- Assists in estimations of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs
- Receive Business Requirements from the BAs and liaise with both Application Architect and the DBAs to work towards a sturdy design approach before implementing code
- Provides assistance in diagnosing production problems as part of OOH 24x7 Support role
- Contributes estimates for the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner
- Provides constant feedback to project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation.
- Analyze, design, and document information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
- Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes)
- Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues
- Maintains regular training for Sun CERT Secure Coding Techniques, OWASP Mitigation and Testing
- Producing Test Cases for submitting to the QA team
- PCI and Security Awareness and rigorously adhere to InfoSec Policies & Procedures and Acceptable Use Policy
- Full support for PCI Compliant SLDC including Change Management process and procedures – ITIL v3 ITSM methodology
- Work with Client Developers in providing support for Integration projects - this can also involve travel to customer premises
- This role expects a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and at least 3 years of industry experience developing in object-oriented JEE
- Knowledge of software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
- Experience with SOA, Web Services, OOA&D
- Development with Use Cases
- Familiar with UML
- Experience with Design patterns
- Experience with EJB, Swing, Struts
- Experience with SQL , Ibatis
- VMware vFabric, tc Server, Elastic Memory for Java,
- VMware Web Server, SQLFire, GemFire, RabbitMQ
- VMware vFabric Application Performance Manager, Application Director
- VMware Hyperic HQ
- HTML, HTML5, XML
- Apache, TomCat, Active MQ
- SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JUnit
- Solaris, Lintel
- Working knowledge of defect tracking tools
- Understanding of ITILv3 methodology
- Working knowledge of ITSM tools
- Experience Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
Advantages and experience:
- Flexibility is essential to this position - willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction.
- Strong Web application development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure.
- Must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare report to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare training materials as required.
- Good organizational and documentation skills are essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward.
- Knowledge / experience of software development for highly available Transactional Systems & ACID principles
- Creation and execution of test scripts based on business requirements
- Working with both internal and external IT teams and customers
- Unit, System and Load testing on a variety of platforms
- Understanding of financial systems and payment processing desirable
- Good documentation skills and working to deadlines
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Java Developer
Java Developer | Competitive salary and benefits including healthcare, pension and relocation assistance | Gibraltar SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit Java Devel...20 days ago
- Java Developer
Ideal candidate: Solid knowledge of the Java programming language; Passionate about fields such as electrical engineering, computer science or mathematics; Higher educ...2 months ago
- Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer | Attractive salary plus benefits, healthcare and relocation assistance | Malaga SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit Senior Java Developers ...18 days ago
- Java Developer - Financial 60-90,000
Prague, Czech Republic
€60000 - 90000
We are now seeking several new team members for a multinational finance centre's tech centre in Prague. The team are working on development of new consumer finance pro...2 months ago
- Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer - Java
€75000CZK - 120000CZK per month
Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer - Java - Prague - Great Team I am working with a unique client who is currently growing their Prague team of Software Engineer...20 days ago