Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Recruiter Name||Hays Netherlands|
|Job Title||Linux Red Hat Engineer 2x|
|Job Type||Temporary Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||€1 per uur + Negotiable hourly rate|
|Location||Eindhoven , Noord-Brabant|
|Date Posted||9 months ago|
Red Hat Engineer - Eindhoven - Provide 3rd Line support for the infra environment, including the Linux OS
Start date: asap
End date: 30/06/2016, with option to extend
Hours a week: 40
For our R&D-IT Domain, we are looking for a 3rd line infrastructure Linux Engineer that has the ambition to manage the infrastructure for the R&D IT Compute platform and Product Application Layer. The R&D IT Infra Engineering Services is responsible for management and support of the R&D Design Environment infrastructure. The Design environment comprises a complex landscape of EDA Applications supported by High Performance compute/storage environments consolidated in 4 regional datacenters. The design environment is used by over 10.000 designers located over 35+ premises. The state-of-the-art infrastructure has over 15.000 cores and few PBytes of data, serving over 2000plus CAD applications & versions. The infra services team are located globally.
Scope of work
As Senior Linux Engineer you will be held responsible for maintaining and implementing complex and advanced technologies in the R&D IT Solutions domain. You work in close cooperation with Application Groups and Engineering teams, including assurance that requirements and its solutions are designed, built and incorporated into the Engineering IT services delivered to the customer.
Your job is to
- Provide 3rd Line support for the infrastructure environment, including the Linux OS.
- Communicate and align with customers to ensure full comprehension of Changes
- Lead and/or participate in global development projects leading to new/other R&D IT services;
- Stay abreast of latest IT technology developments concerning Red Hat, Exceed on Demand and corresponding R&D IT.
- Ambitious and outgoing personality who enjoys a fast paced technology environment
- Red Hat certified engineer
- At least 5-8 years of experience in Linux and infrastructure
- Experience with ITIL and operational support; (certification preferred)
- Strong drive and team player mentality
- Project language: English and Dutch
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now on +31 (0)6 1847 1621.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- German Technical Support Engineer - Limerick
€30000 - 35000 per annum
Job Summary Live & work in Limerick - The birth place of Ireland's very own President - Michael D. Higgins. We have a brand new German Speaking Technical Support Engin...2 months ago