Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Recruiter Name||OPTIMA RECRUITMENT EUROPE, s.r.o.|
|Job Title||MATERIALS PLANNER (cast iron/steel, electronics) for automotive|
|Job Type||Permanent Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Date Posted||about 3 years ago|
For our client – automotive company with a plant in Holland – we are looking for a suitable candidate for a position MATERIALS PLANNER.
The supply chain in the automotive industry is complex. Manufacturing methods aim to “pull” components through production based on demand requirements. Demands show strong fluctuations which require high flexibility and create challenges to control and minimize inventory turnovers. Component specifications are high (in terms of accuracy and materials like high temperature resistant materials), quality requirements strict and prices tight. Suppliers are rated according to price, quality, delivery reliability, and operational performance all being stretched to limits.
Supplies are coming in both from Europe as well as from the Far East.
The materials planner is expected to control the supply chain understanding the effects that quality, delivery and capacity availability will have on the supplier performance.
Job purpose and responsibilities:
- Work closely with Production Control, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering & Sales (Demand Planner) to plan the quantity of materials/components to meet both service delivery (KPI Delivery Performance) & inventory targets (KPI Inventory).
- To prepare detailed supply requirements plans with schedules of deliveries for a broad range of globally sourced commodities & raw materials and ensure timely & adequate supply of materials for production.
- Manage/maintain stock policies and (raw) material inventory to ensure timely materials availability to the manufacturing site whilst maintaining keep inventory levels at minimum levels.
- Prepare complex materials analysis, including; integrating supply/demand views, customer forecasts, inventory positions, rates of new product launches, end of components life cycle & changes in supplier capabilities.
- Document key material planning processes, recommend improvements & implement those enhancements.
- Recommend changes to key material planning parameters like safety stock and replenishment frequencies. Control data maintenance and updates to the ERP system with Data Controller.
- Develop a materials/components demand supply plan including: supply-demand balancing, supply availability, allocations, delivery performance, flexibility requirements.
- Assess supplier capacity loads, bottlenecks, and material availability, to advise management of supply chain constraints.
- Perform statistical data analyses to establish optimized future long term demands and establish delivery service level requirements / safety stocks.
- Process purchase requests for materials/components from approved suppliers / consolidate system proposed orders. Communicate materials/components delivery schedules & expedite required materials.
- Generate consumption vs. planned/ordered reports, inventory balances, targets & measures for management review.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering (Mechanical) or a degree is in Technical Business or Supply Chain
- Excellent math skills are must
- Minimum 3 years’ material planning experience in a global supply chain company, in high complex manufacturing industries.
- Ability to analyse product bills of material to understand key requirements.
- Experience with planning or purchasing of cast iron/steel from foundries, machined, forged and stamped components including electronics – understanding purchased technical products/components and manufacturing process of suppliers (casting, machining, forging, stamping) is a must
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office with advanced skills in MS Excel for analysis, planning & reporting.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, preferably with proficient knowledge of Databases and Structured Query Language.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams in a lead role on material planning issues.
- High customer service skills & able to solve problems of diverse scope.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & support to various departments with different requirements.
- Must be highly flexible & adjust readily to new situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and stress resistant.
- Work in an international, fast expanding automotive company
- Work in an inspiring and informal working atmosphere
- The salary is in accordance with the collective labor agreement
- Trainings & Development & Company benefits
If you are interested in, please, send your CV in English.
Personal data provided to OPTIMA RECRUITMENT EUROPE, s.r.o., I?O: 264230022 for the purpose of employment transmission are handled according to law „?.101/2000Sb.“ Provided data are kept in the database for an essential term of employment transmission or till the withdrawal in writing. These data may be provided to the third party just after the permition of the provider. The enactment of „§12 a 21 of the law no.101/2000Sb.“ governs your right to information of handling with personal data, explanation, updates as well as disposal of it.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- WAREHOUSE EMPLOYEE
€A fulltime job (40 hours) with a good salary of 1800 per month (average) with on top of that fee for working in shifts.
Do you want to work either fulltime (40 hours) or parttime (24-32 hours) at one of the biggest logistical companies of the Netherlands? Kuehne + Nagel in Zaandam is lo...3 months ago
- Dutch Speaking Procurement Officer - Berlin
€32000 - 38000 per annum + Relocation Package
Berlin always been a fantasy of yours? Would you like to experience life in an exciting new city? Here's your chance, we are looking for energetic Dutch speakers inter...15 days ago
- Dutch Transport Planning Lead
€40000 - 45000
We now have a dynamic logistics role open for people with a background in transportation to join a major FMCG's European team here in Prague. Main Tasks Analyse custom...about 2 years ago
- Forwarding Specialist
€30000 - 35000
We're now seeking team members for a new road transport logistics branch office in Brno. Our client is an award winning, expanding Central European logistics company. ...about 1 year ago