Get similar jobs by email Register →
Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC), one of the largest suppliers of industrial & construction equipment, seeks experienced individuals for a Mechanic position available at our branch. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skill set with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
The purpose of the Mechanic position within the Hertz Equipment Rental Division is to utilize his/her mechanical expertise to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in top running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge and standard of quality within the branch. He has mastered the operating standards of his facility, the region and corporation.
- Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel)
- DC Electrical Systems 12, 24, 48 volts
- Propane Systems
- Track Equipment
- Aerial Equipment
- Heavy Trucks/Automotive
Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot:
- Fuel Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Propane Systems
You'll be responsible for repairs to all rental equipment, shop equipment, and trucks in accordance with HERC quality and efficiency standards.
- High school degree/GED preferred
- 2+ years experience in the heavy equipment industry, diesel engine experience and hydraulics preferred
- Ability to perform complete Preventative Maintenance Functions unassisted
- Basic welding techniques
- Own a mechanic's tool set, capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine, aerial fleet and be willing to expand personal tools
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Comply with all HERC and Branch Safety rules
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Valid driver's license in good standing
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.