Get similar jobs by email Register →
Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC), one of the largest suppliers of industrial & construction equipment, seeks experienced individuals for a Mechanic position available at our branch. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skill set with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
The purpose of the Mechanic position within the Hertz Equipment Rental Division is to utilize his/her mechanical expertise to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in top running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge and standard of quality within the branch. He has mastered the operating standards of his facility, the region and corporation.
- Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel)
- DC Electrical Systems 12, 24, 48 volts
- Propane Systems
- Track Equipment
- Aerial Equipment
- Heavy Trucks/Automotive
Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot:
- Fuel Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Propane Systems
You'll be responsible for repairs to all rental equipment, shop equipment, and trucks in accordance with HERC quality and efficiency standards.
- High school degree/GED preferred
- 2+ years experience in the heavy equipment industry, diesel engine experience and hydraulics preferred
- Ability to perform complete Preventative Maintenance Functions unassisted
- Basic welding techniques
- Own a mechanic's tool set, capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine, aerial fleet and be willing to expand personal tools
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Comply with all HERC and Branch Safety rules
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Valid driver's license in good standing
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- WAREHOUSE EMPLOYEE
€A fulltime job (40 hours) with a good salary of 1800 per month (average) with on top of that fee for working in shifts.
Do you want to work either fulltime (40 hours) or parttime (24-32 hours) at one of the biggest logistical companies of the Netherlands? Kuehne + Nagel in Zaandam is lo...29 days ago