Get similar jobs by email Register →
Well known for our solid worldwide reputation, Hertz is proud to be one of the leading providers of the rental and sale of heavy equipment and tools for construction and industrial needs.
At Hertz, we know service excellence is built on our employees. We recognize that you are a unique individual and we understand that you value benefits and rewards that provide flexibility, choice, and control. Benefits to working at Hertz can include health benefits such as medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, online learning and development, employee discounts, retirement plan and much more!
Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for itself…
As a Mechanic C or Entry level Mechanic...
- Keeping all equipment in top running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Will work with a master technician
- You'll be responsible for repairs to all rental equipment, shop equipment, and trucks in accordance with HERC quality and efficiency standards.
- Knowledge of Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel), DC Electrical Systems, Propane Systems, Hydraulics, Track Equipment, Aerial Equipment, and Heavy Trucks/Automotive is preferred
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot: Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems, Hydraulic Systems, and Propane Systems is preferred
- Basic welding techniques
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Maintain a clean driving record
- 1st/2nd/3rd or 4th year apprentice Mechanic
- Knowledge of the heavy equipment industry, diesel engine experience and hydraulics preferred.
- Strong electrical diagnosis skills preferred
- Clean Driver's abstract and valid Driver's License
- Ability to work overtime
- Able to lift 50+ lbs
- Able to participate in the on call rotation, being available and ready to work while on call
Hertz is an Equal Opportunity Employer