Get similar jobs by email Register →
Performs installations, de-installations, maintenance, and field modifications to ensure reliable performance of specified in-car mobile electronics equipment using Navigation Solutions' approved methods and workmanship standards. Maintains customer relations on an operations level and provides technical assistance to rental car companies personnel and customers on product functionality. Position may require limited travel at some locations.
- Perform services on the specified mobile electronics devices in the Hertz Rental Fleet such as, but not limited to installations, removals, audits, customer interface and maintenance activities.
- Audit all specified in-car electronic devices in the ready-to-rent area to ensure that units are functional and in proper working order. Check ancillary devices such as antennas, cables and overall systems condition, verify correct wiring, system time and location, determine start-up condition and repair as necessary; check for current instruction cards and software version, and upgrade hardware/software as applicable.
- Assist customers with product functionality and respond, if directed, by a director or program manager, to off-lot customer issues within a 10 mile radius of the lot
- Maintain product inventory as necessary
- Ensure that timely and accurate parts orders are placed
- Perform maintenance of installed products as necessary
- Identify opportunities to maximize installed units and keep shelf inventory to a minimum
- Present professional image in conduct, attitude and appearance
- Submit regularly scheduled field reports as required
- High School graduate preferred
- Minimum of 1 year professional 12-volt installation experience or formal electronics training such as a certificate, degree or MECP certification, or satisfactory combination of work experience and formal electronics training.
- Capable of individual quality decisions independent of direct supervision, setting proper task priorities, efficiently managing time and company resources.
- Good problem solving skills for on the spot resolution to customer concerns.
- Basic computer, customer service, problem solving and good communication skills required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing and able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Current Basic MECP Certified or prior certification is a plus
Navigation Solutions, LLC is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.