Get similar jobs by email Register →
International Logistics and Freghtforwarder requires A Network Control Operator for its Network Control Centre
- Work closely with overseas teams in all global geographies
- To manage and develop relationships with International offices and agents globally.
- To provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential customers.
- Manage customer activities closely while in transit (cross trade business)
- Track-trace shipments-collection and delivery times
- Service levels and rates negotiation with suppliers for new and existing lanes
- Optimize costs, transport quality, delivery times and customer service solutions.
- Cross training and development within other departments
- Customer order booking
- Dealing with incoming correspondence
- Liaising with customs when required
- Work closely with Finance lead to ensure billing accuracy
- Import & Export coordination for all NMC Customer shipments
- Dealing with telephone queries
- Dealing with hauilers, airlines and shipping lines
- Project work when required
- Management of KPIs and daily reports for both internal management team and customers
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Involvement in establishing and maintaining SOPs.
- Min 1 year Airfreight experience
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong industry knowledge, i.e. aircraft types and related max cargo dimensions, ULD types, OOG cargo experience useful
- Working toward a Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or similar Degree
- Rate negotiation skills, commercial acumen.
- Strong Customer service skills, willingness to go the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Industry documentation knowledge, i.e. different types of shipments and documents required, e.g. EUR1, ATR, Carnet, Original Docs
- Strong time management, ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility, will be required to work out of office hours/weekends
- Data accuracy/attention to detail, essential for KPI's
- Microsoft Office skills and other Business Systems Experience
- Ability to maintain and update SOP's as required
- Cost management, invoice accrual
- Good people skills, ability to build relationships with overseas offices/3pl's to ensure best customer service.
- Ambitious, wants to learn and develop, team player