Get similar jobs by email Register →
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required for this role.
As a PayPal Sanctions Analyst, your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal’s adherence to our Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations and governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), Office of Foreign assets control (OFAC) & Financial intelligence unit (Luxemburg) (FIU).
You will be tasked with creating brief summaries of your investigations and taking the appropriate mitigating action within PayPal’s various case management systems when necessary.
As a Sanctions Analyst, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, and maintain utmost professionalism in your interaction with our customers at all times. You will be responsible for handling escalated cases from the Sanctions Level 1 Analysts and perform thorough investigations, ultimately deciding whether or not the activity involved is worthy of further mitigating action.
As a Sanctions Analyst Level 2, your responsibilities include:
• Conducting end-to-end meticulous reviews of cases escalated from Sanctions Level 1 Analysts pertaining to potential illegal activity, global watch lists, or activity in violation of the economic and trade sanctions administered by OFAC;
• Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
• Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including monitoring of industry watch lists and Know Your Customer efforts;
• Apply analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations;
• Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decision or recommendations in relation to case investigations;
• Documenting findings in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field;
• Minimum of 1 year experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;
• Proven ability to analyse large amounts of data in order to report critical information;
• Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels;
• Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing;
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Russian Sanctions Investigator
€Competitive Salary + Bonus + Relocation* + Onsite Gym + Pension + Health Insurance + Education Allowance + Subsidised Restaurant
As a PayPal Russian Sanctions Investigator , your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guid...9 days ago
- jr. Business Consultant - Portuguese
€ competitive salary + bonus + relocation
Would you like to join the most fast growing provider of the broker's market ? Are you high motivated and can you handle it to work & think fast and help customers in ...2 months ago
- Finnish Billing Analyst to Barcelona
Laskutusanalyytikko Kumppanimme on 11 miljardin dollarin teknologiajohtaja. Yritys innovoi tapaa, jolla maailma viestii, toimii ja on yhteyksissä. Heidän asiantuntemuk...about 2 months ago
- Accounts Payable Accountant (French or Dutch B2)
€20000 - 24000
Are you interested to build a career in Finance? Would you like to work for an international company with a great reputation? This is your job! The Company. For one of...17 days ago
- General Ledger Accountant (French)
€20000 - 30000
The Company. For one of our client, an international Shared Service Center based in Barcelona, we are currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant France. The ...2 months ago