Get similar jobs by email Register →
Job Summary: Responsible for conducting testing and experiments on graphics, heat transfers, appliques and materials. Works under general supervision, provides technical solutions to innovation team, identifies customers’ requirements and technical specifications. Responsible for running R&D testing and supervising R&D laboratory/production trials. Prepares technical documentation and reports. Works with other members of the R&D team to assist in the development of products/processes. This role requires technical knowledge and techniques in projects regarding organization research, production/operation.
Technical Capabilities and Background Experience:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Quality Assurance
- Product Development R&D Testing as assigned.
- Goods Inwards inspection of all raw materials for R&D.
- Review of MSDS and technical data sheets of all raw materials for R&D.
- Assist in stock management of chemicals and other raw materials from approved vendors within the laboratory.
- Champion of 5 S system in R&D Laboratory.
- Maintaining of QMS system in R&D Laboratory.
- Training of non-technical staff in R&D laboratory procedures as appropriate.
- The R&D Technician will assist R&D Manager/ Innovations Manager in the development of new products and processes within ITW Graphics Ireland.
- Leading cross-functional teams from Production, Engineering and Quality Departments to perform R&D trials as assigned by R&D Manager/Innovations Manager.
- Perform laboratory testing of concept / pre-production samples to Brand Standards in line with
- R&D Validation Testing Procedures.
- Recording, collating and reporting of test data to Management.
- Assist Sales & Marketing Department in the preparation of sample prototypes for presentation materials and customer testing.
- Participate in the 5S cross-functional team to implement best practice in 5S systems within R&D.
- Embrace the ITW Toolbox initiatives in carrying out the role, specifically in relation to 80/20 and PLS Initiatives.
- Day-to-Day Management of R&D Laboratory as assigned by R&D Manager.
- Requires a 3rd level qualification in laboratory sciences (Bachelor's degree preferred, Fetac Level 7 or higher) and 2 plus years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Laboratory Science in Engineering and Chemistry a plus.
For further Information on this role, please contact John on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Recent Graduate - Wood industry - Switzerland
€Swiss Franc85000 - Swiss Franc95000 per annum
Application Engineer - Wood industry - Switzerland Are you a recent graduate from wood engineering or mechanical engineering? Did you gain experience in coating? this ...20 days ago