Get similar jobs by email Register →
Our client, a well established company located in Portugal, is looking for a Release Engineer to join their team.
You will be responsible for the coordination of the releases deployment to our production systems and managing and maintaining all the systems that support the release process.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Work with development engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Develop and maintain scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current configuration management needs
Key skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer science.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Release Management or Project Management
- Experience in software development, preferably on web (ecommerce) sites.
- Experience in software build and maintenance tools with Visual Studio, Octopus Deploy or any other automation build and deployment tools.
- Experience working in Agile environments with SCRUM methodologies is a plus.
- Skills in an object orientated language like C# (or Java), Powershell, and SQL Server.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Passionate for delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective.
- Good communication skills and teamwork believer.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and resilient to stress
- Only candidates already located in Portugal are considered.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Technical Support Engineer
€17000 - 24000
Be part of it This is a great opportunity available representing an international software development company. This role will provide you with world class experience ...about 2 months ago
- Senior Software Engineer (Blue Prism)
€60000 - 80000
Be part of it In this role you will be working for one of the world’s leading global technology companies. You will represent a highly advanced tech company that speci...29 days ago
- French Enterprise Support Engineer - Cork
€45000 - 48000 per annum
Job Summary Speak French, Have Enterprise Support Experience & a thirst for more? Why not join the new kid on the block with a once in a lifetime opportunity to help t...7 days ago
- German Enterprise Support Engineer - Cork
€45000 - 50000 per annum + Many Benefits
Job Summary Speak German, Have Enterprise Support Experience & a thirst for more? Why not join the new kid on the block with a once in a lifetime opportunity to help t...7 days ago
- German Technical Support Engineer - Limerick
€30000 - 35000 per annum
Job Summary Live & work in Limerick - The birth place of Ireland's very own President - Michael D. Higgins. We have a brand new German Speaking Technical Support Engin...10 days ago