Get similar jobs by email Register →
In an exclusive partnership with Hollister ULC, Collins McNicholas have been engaged to accelerate an Engineering recruitment drive at their medical device plant in Ballina
This is an excellent career opportunity for a Research & Technology Development Engineer to join a dynamic and growing team in the development and commercialisation of innovative Continence Care products.
The successful candidate will have research & development / materials science experience and will be capable of utilizing the incumbent’s materials expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas and the successful development of global continence care/bladder related product technologies. The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization and to work with and support the Global Marketing organization for the successful completion of specific objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working from basic clinical needs to device concept to prototype development ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Researching new technologies and designing solutions to develop and complement the existing product portfolio
- Providing technical support to NPD, Global Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability
- Technical Responsibilities:
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Evaluating new technology performance and stability
- Supporting future product introductions
- Accomplishing trial work for new technologies
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application
- Degree (Honors) in Materials/Polymer Science /or Engineering(Polymer)/Bio Medical or Masters in a related discipline
- 4+ years relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
Specialized skills/technical knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of polymer materials including surface modifications and coating technologies
- Innovation/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Experience dealing with medical personnel and reducing feedback to device concepts
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D modelling experience
- Demonstrated advanced analytical problem solving abilities
- Strong organization and communications skills
- Team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
- Good working knowledge of medical device regulations and design controls