Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Risk and Compliance Manager - Solvency II|
|Job Type||Permanent Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus bonus, benefits and relocation|
|Date Posted||over 2 years ago|
Risk and Compliance Manager (Solvency II) - Motor Insurance - Gibraltar
Salary Package c£40 -50,000 plus bonus and benefits. Relocation Package Offered
EU Applicants Only Considered
Are you an experienced Risk and Compliance Manager with Solvency II expertise? Are you MIRM / CIRM / CCAB or CERA qualified or the Degree level equivalent? Do you have a minimum of 5 years PQE experience? Do you like the idea of bringing your Insurance career to a beautiful location in Gibraltar?
How can we persuade you to apply for this challenging Risk and Compliance Manager role?
Our client is a UK leading motor insurance company that has expanded and developed its product base over the last 7 years. They are looking to establish a team of Insurance experts in their Gibraltar office. This Risk and Compliance Manager reports directly to the Head of Risk and Compliance based in Gibraltar. The aim of the role is to further develop the risk environment and risk culture by taking ownership of the documentation and lines of communication within the enterprise risk management framework.
Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Implement the company's enterprise risk, compliance and control frameworks in accordance with the annual risk and compliance plans.
- Constructively challenge current policies for adequacy and appropriateness in light of SII requirements and the specific risk profile of our client company, and identify any skills gaps and areas for improvement in our processes for SII documentation.
- Analyse the current process for developing risk and compliance policies and procedures, as well as risk limits and approval authorities, and provide constructive challenge to enhance and better embed the process into the business.
- Evaluate the process for the governance, controls and compliance with regulatory requirements for data quality, and in particular the completeness, accuracy and appropriateness in relation to the data underlying the Company's undertaking specific parameters calculations.
- Provide support and assistance in updating and implementing the company's enterprise risk, compliance and control frameworks and the risk and compliance plans.
- Monitor major and critical risk and compliance issues.
- Manage the process for elevating control risks and compliance issues to more senior levels when appropriate.
- Prepare high level user requirements to assist in implementation of policies.
- Conduct risk & compliance assessments.
Profile is as follows:
- Excellent Pillar 2 knowledge of the requirements for the Solvency II directives and delegated acts and the application of these requirements in general insurance.
- Ability to use initiative and willing to take ownership of work, with the drive to identify situations that may require investigation, as they arise.
- Identifies and makes urgent and important decisions with minimal support.
- Must be willing to travel, as the role is located in Gibraltar and is likely to require some travel to the UK.
- Must have previous work experience in a risk or compliance function, and previous experience in a role related to internal control, audit or governance would be useful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to communicate effectively
- Hold a relevant professional qualification, MIRM / CIRM / CCAB or CERA or be educated to Degree level.
Our client has made dramatic growth in the motor and van Insurance sector in the course of the last 8 years, exceeding all projections forecasted for this time period. The Directors are now seeking to put in place an experienced team of Risk/Compliance/Solvency II professionals into the business at their Gibraltar office.
Do you have what it takes to achieve these ambitious expansion plans and add real value to such a successful Insurance Company?
Apply now to find out more, the interview selection process is underway.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Russian Sanctions Investigator
€Competitive Salary + Bonus + Relocation* + Onsite Gym + Pension + Health Insurance + Education Allowance + Subsidised Restaurant
As a PayPal Russian Sanctions Investigator , your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guid...6 days ago