Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Senior Compliance Analyst (HMV)|
|Job Type||Permanent Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||Negotiable Salary and attractive benefits|
|Date Posted||almost 2 years ago|
PayPal is the purveyor of New Money, enabling global commerce to the tune of more than 7.7 million payments every day. Because PayPal helps people transact anytime, anywhere and in any way, the company is a driving force behind the growth of mobile commerce, as it processed 12% of the world’s mobile payments in 2014. More than dollars and cents, New Money is common sense.
Do you have a passion for conducting investigations and analysing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal’s Global Compliance & Ethics (“GC&E”) team!
As a Compliance Investigations Senior Analyst – High Margin Vertical (“HMV”) you will be part of a team dedicated to performing in-depth investigations, assessment and analysis of the compliance risks associated with prospective and existing high margin/high risk category customers. Preferably, you will be an AML subject-matter expert or be expert in financial risk, credit risk, or brand risk management, with specific emphasis on understanding and assessing the risks associated with high risk customer industries, products and jurisdictions; including gambling, foreign exchange, adult, non-profits etc.
You will exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling highly sensitive case work and make autonomous decisions when determining the overall risk of new merchant segments to PayPal, presenting findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders and leaders.
You will work closely with the Compliance Policy, Risk Policy, Enterprise Risk Management, Brand Risk, Sales, Global Operations, Legal and other teams, using independent judgment in interpreting the need for intensive or more detailed examination of facts surrounding prohibited industry types and the potential risks they pose to PayPal.
As Compliance Investigations Senior Analyst – HMV your role responsibilities include:
- Investigating, assessing, concluding & recommending on the risks associated with potential & existing PayPal merchants in high margin, high risk verticals;
- Analysis of data for evidence of deficiencies in controls or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, management policies or procedures. Assist with correcting such deficiencies;
- Assist with the creation & ongoing maintenance of a comprehensive High Risk Vertical program, including continuous enhancement of the processes & controls to ensure PayPal is in compliance with applicable state, federal & /or regional laws & regulations & within acceptable risk standards;
- Assist in the development & implementation of procedures for pre-onboarding & ongoing reviews of High Margin/ Risk Vertical industries;
- Build relationships with global team members to support consistent decisions in High Risk Vertical industry reviews on ongoing basis;
- Interact verbally & in writing with PayPal personnel, government authorities, law enforcement, & customers in a highly professional manner;
- Conducting an end-to-end & meticulous review of potential illegal activity or activity in violation of various fundraising & non-profit regulations;
- Completing a time-sensitive & meticulous analysis of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity &/or suspicious financial activity associated with high margin/risk vertical customers across multiple jurisdictions & countries;
- Apply analytical techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical & supported recommendations;
- Documenting findings in narrative style format, in the manual & automated process case management system & prepare reports to management as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Legal, Criminal Justice or similar field preferred;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in AML compliance, credit risk, audit, legal or operational risk at a financial institution or equivalent organization. Experience in global AML Due Diligence, High Risk Customer models, fraud risk, &/or commercial underwriting required;
- Demonstrated experience in role with practical risk decision making responsibilities in a regulated environment;
- Ability to multitask & deal with competing high priorities, deliver results & recommendations, build trust & gain support with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, & writing;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues & to negotiate & integrate different viewpoints;
- Interact with peers & financial crimes risk professionals, all levels of management, & other internal or external constituents in order to deliver comprehensive views on investigative & intelligence matters & represent reasoning of case disposition;
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation & sense of urgency
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Dutch Billing Specialist in Barcelona with Relocation Support
€20000 - 25000
Are you a native Dutch speaker looking for a job in sunny, lively Barcelona? Would you like to work in Finance at an internationally acclaimed technology company? Then...about 1 month ago