Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Recruiter Name||Hays Netherlands|
|Job Title||Senior Infrastructure Engineer|
|Job Type||Temporary Contract, Full-Time Position|
|Salary||€1 per uur + Negotiable hourly rate|
|Location||Eindhoven , Noord-Brabant|
|Date Posted||about 1 year ago|
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Eindhoven - Provide third line support for the infrastructure environment
Start date: asap
End date: 31/12/2016, with option to extend
Hours a week: 40
For our R&D-IT Domain, we are looking for a 3rd line infrastructure Engineer that has the ambition to manage the infrastructure for the R&D IT and Application Layer. In this role you will be working in the R&D IT Infra Services. The R&D IT Infra Engineer is responsible for management and support of the R&D Design Environment infrastructure. The Design environment comprises a complex landscape of EDA Applications supported by High Performance compute/storage environments consolidated in 4 regional datacenters. The design environment is used by over 10.000 designers located over 35+ premises. The state-of-the-art infrastructure has over 15.000 cores and few PBytes of data, serving over 2000plus CAD applications & versions. The infra services team are located globally.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be held responsible for maintaining and implementing complex and advanced technologies in the R&D IT Solutions domain. You work in close cooperation with Application Groups and Engineering teams, including assurance that requirements and its solutions are designed, built and incorporated into the Engineering IT services delivered to the customer.
Your job is to:
- Provide 3rd Line support for the infrastructure environment, including the Linux OS, Storage, and Virtualization.
- Communicate and align with customers to ensure full comprehension of Changes
- Lead and/or participate in global development projects leading to new/other R&D IT services;
- Stay abreast of latest IT technology developments concerning infrastructure and corresponding R&D IT.
- Ambitious and outgoing personality who enjoys a fast paced technology environment;
- Infrastructure certifications (Networking/Operating Systems etc);
- At least 5-8 years of experience in infrastructure;
- Experience with ITIL and operational support; (Certification preferred)
- Strong drive and team player mentality;
- Good communication skills;
- Project language: English.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge regarding RnD Application Landscape:
- Design PDM - Hardware Design
- Resource, Project & Portfolio Management
- SW Development Environment
- Requirements Management
- NPI Tools
- DesignSync Modules
- Experience in a leading edge and high tech (IT) environment or industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.