Get similar jobs by email Register →
- Develop, maintain and deliver the site return to work programme for all absence, both work related and non-work related.
- Assess and advise on any return to work restrictions and ensure coordinated plans are in place involving the persons Manager, HR and any other functions as required.
- Support HR in the provision of advice on work & non-work related referrals.
- Actively manage all the referrals and provide statistics in the number and type of referrals along with projections on potential return to work.
- Support the ergonomic risk management programme through the co-ordination and completion of workstation assessments & providing advice on postural awareness in the office and manufacturing areas.
- Manage the Manual Handling Training and re-training requirements such that those requiring the training are identified and fully trained.
- Actively manage occupational hygiene by developing and coordinating the required Occupational Exposure Monitoring (OEL) programme and manage containment and minimization actions where required.
- Actively engage in advancing safety through personal Responsibility, Ownership and Behaviour (ROB)
- Assist with, and give advice as required, for pre-employment screening including assessment of employee suitability and possible accommodations needed.
- Administration and co-ordination of BSC Cork eyesight conservation, vaccination and first aid programmes.
- Provide information, instruction, advice and training to all levels of BSC personnel on occupational health and safety issues and at Induction.
- Co-ordinate the treatment and review of all occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Assist People Managers in the investigation, reporting and documentation of accidents.
- Assist People Managers with pregnancy risk assessments and ensure assessments are satisfactorly completed and actioned.
- Advise management on the severity of all occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Review and update the arrangements for providing emergency medical care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidential medical records of employees, co-ordinate the operation of the health centre and emergency response provisions.
- Assist in the development of employee Health & Well-Being Programmes in the areas of preventive medicine (screening for risk factors), Life Style Education (stress management, anti-smoking, development of healthy eating and lifestyles etc), and to support the BSC Cork Employee Assistance Programme(EAP).
- Liaise with the site Occupational Health Provider on work & non work related referrals.
- Become an integral part of a pro-active occupational health and safety service thereby assisting in the development of a safe and healthy working environment and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Registered general nurse, OH diploma required, degree or masters in OH desirable.
- Strong case management experience required.
- Ideally 3+ years relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Individual needs to be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Ability to provide guidance and positively influence people managers, HR team members and employees.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with good leadership abilities.
For further Information on this role, please contact Michael on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- German Medical Advisor for Giant Healthcare Insurance provider
€35000 - 39000 per annum
What are we looking for? We are looking for a German speaker with an excellent level of English as this Medical Advisor job requires you to use both languages. We want...2 months ago