Get similar jobs by email Register →
At PayPal (Nasdaq: PYPL), we put people at the centre of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution. The strength of our community is fortified by the mutual trust PayPal fosters between consumers and businesses and between donors and non-profits. In the 18 years since our founding, our community of customers has sent through PayPal more than 29 billion payments worth $1.7 trillion. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them safely access and move their money and offering a choice of how they would like to pay or be paid. In 2016, our community made more than $100 billion in mobile payments and mobile now represents almost a third of our total payment volume.
With our 200 million active customer accounts, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem that people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in more than 200 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
We are seeking a Merchant Account Management Team Leader to build, develop, and lead a team of Account Managers whose responsibility it is to grow the PayPal business for our SMB Merchant base in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The position is based in Berlin.
To be successful in this position, you will be a role model for your team, use your in-depth industry knowledge and merchant insights to position yourself as an expert in e-commerce and PayPal solutions and demonstrate your ability for the management of merchant relationships and negotiation skills. You are responsible for developing your team into a high performing team that meets or exceeds performance and revenue goals. You engage and develop your direct reports, by fostering an open collaborative environment where best practices are shared.
** Fluent German & English are required for this role **
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of account managers, responsible for one or more verticals
- Monitoring of PayPal’s business against targets and resolution of issues that may arise
- Conducting regular business reviews in conjunction with your account managers with top merchants to review performance and identifying new areas of opportunity
- Know and support company and departmental procedures; regularly review and ensure that the Account Managers follow procedures, process flows and guidelines.
- Complete the required number of email/ phone quality reviews per Account Manager. Work cases and escalations as required.
- Establish relationships and engage with other people managers and key stakeholders in the development of new processes, products, and procedures through attendance at meetings and communication with management and other business units; drive to bring complex issues to resolution, influencing at the function/site level.
- Review, communicate and coach to daily performance, quality, behaviour and attendance standards at the individual and team level. Utilize formal correction action procedures as required.
- Participate in Account Manager Selection, internal talent movement, and training needs assessment and closure of knowledge gaps. This may also include supporting Account Manager Development initiatives.
- Proven track record of driving for results meeting or exceeding sales revenue goals, productivity metrics and merchant satisfaction goals.
- You have a hands-on-mentality and you are an excellent people manager, inspiring people with your drive, energy and enthusiasm. Following a clear vision and strategy you communicate and lead with a dynamic and convincing attitude.
- Strong leadership skills and strong in execution, results driven and proven track record of holding teams accountable for end results
- Genuine interest for e-commerce and payments and a good understanding of PayPal’s value proposition
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk and present confidently in front of key internal and external stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to recognize the need for and lead through change management initiates while maintaining and driving AM engagement
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of PayPal operational flows and department workflow and proven innovation in strategic initiatives
- Solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box
- You have a truly international mindset, you are fluent in German and English and you have experience working in an international environment with various cultures.
- Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Ability to effectively balance company and customer needs to deliver against NPS targets and business goals
- Fluent German & English are required for this role
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Business Acumen
- Time Management
- Motivating Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Commercial/Negotiation Skills
- Customer Focus
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Account Executive Team Leader (Danish)
€28000 - 28000
Job Description Do you have experience in leading sales teams? Are you a positive and enthusiastic person, ready to go the extra mile? Then this position is for you: T...3 days ago
- Account Executive Team Leader (Danish or Spanish)
€28000 - 29000
Job Description Do you have experience in leading sales teams? Are you a positive and enthusiastic person, ready to go the extra mile? Then this position is for you: T...17 days ago
- Dutch AND French Presales Job for fastest growing team - Dublin
€24000 - 24960 per annum + 10-15% bonus on performance
Job Summary Want to be a part for an award winning sales team up here in Dublin? Speak Both Dutch AND French? If so you could be in with a chance of joining one of the...2 months ago
- Account Executive (Spanish)
€25000 - 27000
Do you have experience in digital sales? Are you a positive and enthusiastic person with experienice in the digital marketing sector? Then this position is for you: Th...17 days ago
- German Account Manager 2812
Belfast, United Kingdom
€17000 - 30000
Be part of it This client is a leading provider of marketing intelligence for the technology sector. They have numerous clients who are leading experts in the technolo...about 1 month ago