Get similar jobs by email Register →
CDL Class A Driver / Mon - Fri Schedule / Home Daily
$45k - 55k+ estimated annual income / Paid weekly / Full Benefits
Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC) is an industry leader specializing in construction and industrial equipment rental. Since 1965, we have provided rental equipment and services for projects and applications including but not limited to commercial and residential construction, industrial and manufacturing plants, and entertainment services.
In addition to providing equipment and tools from brand names our customers trust, we employ knowledgeable and dedicated employees at our 260 branches throughout the US and Canada. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to our customers.
The purpose of the Tractor Trailer Driver position is to transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment and to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will operate both commercial and non-commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch and outside of the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Transport, deliver and retrieve assorted construction and heavy equipment
- Operate commercial or non-commercial vehicles in a safe, efficient and professional manner
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
- Perform vehicle inspections before and after pickups and deliveries
- Ensure all delivery documents are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management and/or state traffic safety officers
- Apply knowledge of driving and/or commercial driving skills in maneuvering at various speeds in difficult locations, heavy traffic, inclement weather, mountainous terrain or tight loading dock areas
- Secure construction equipment and other equipment by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking under the strict accordance and established procedures of the DOT policies
- Maintain open communication with Branch Manager and/or central dispatch for delivery schedules
- Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites, facilities and other HERC related facilities
- Provide training assistance for customers by answering general questions regarding the safe operations of vehicles, tools, or machinery when asked by customer
- Report to the branch manager or central dispatcher of any damage to HERC property that is uncovered by the driver during the process of picking up the equipment from the customer
- Report any and all accidents involving the driver or equipment to Branch Manager or Central Dispatch
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problems relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment
- Maintain flexibility in daily routine in order to respond to Management's responses to the customer demands
- Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately on a daily basis
- Commercial Drivers License, Class A, with tanker endorsement
- Current medical card
- High school diploma and/or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience within the last three years
- Knowledge and understanding for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of the traffic rules and regulations
- Map reading knowledge, basic math, reading and writing
- Ability to secure loads safely
- Ability to operate large, heavy machinery
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Good communication
- Sense of urgency
- Stress management
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a growth-oriented company, HERC is the right place for you! As an industry leader, HERC offers the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. In addition, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous vacation program. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.