Get similar jobs by email Register →
Our client is a well-established insurer based in South Dublin that requires an experienced Insurance professional to add to their ever growing and expanding team.
The Trainee Actuary will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of programme performance and the preparation of reserving and management information. This role will report to the Chief Actuary.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the collation and checking of data required for setting claim reserves and assess the quality of the data
- Maintaining programmes and spreadsheets used during the reserving process
- Assist in the quarterly and year-end reserving processes together with the budgeting (AP - Annual Planning) process which takes place in July each year
- Preparation of various reports required by clients of Actuarial Dept – reinsurance sensitivity analysis, PPR’s (Programme Performance Reports – assessment of the profitability of an individual insurance programme), etc.
- Assisting in analysis work required to support colleagues in Underwriting related to pricing new risks or reviewing pricing of existing risks
- Solvency II /QIS5 work as required
- Ensure appropriate methods and models are used in the calculation of technical provisions
- Assist with reinsurance sensitivity analytical work
- Compare best estimates against actual experience
- Developing systems and management information to support and improve business decision making
- Provide actuarial assistance on internal projects and initiatives as required
- Provide assistance to the Chief Actuary on all Solvency II related matters including QRT’s, ORSA etc.
- Assist with all internal, external and CBOI audits as required
- Assist with ad hoc pricing if required
- Part Qualified Actuary with at least two years experience in a financial services environment
- Previous reserving experience is required
- Previous personal lines motor and fleet motor pricing experience is desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and exams completed