Get similar jobs by email Register →
Class C Driver / Home Daily / Paid Weekly
$32k - $40k estimated annual income with pay increases for performance
Must be willing to get medical card within 30 days of hire / Union Benefits
Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation (HERC) is a highly successful leader specializing in rentals, sales, and service of the very best construction and industrial equipment available today. As a fully diversified subsidiary of The Hertz Corporation, we have a staff of approximately 5000 employees and maintain 287 branches in 47 states in the U.S. and Canada.
Since 1965, we have provided rental equipment and services for commercial and government applications, including housing, industrial plants and manufacturing, highway/road/bridge construction, military, petrochemical, hazardous waste and material management, railroads, mining, agricultural, as well as other applications. Our branch network stretches from coast to coast, providing customers with convenient access to our equipment when and where they need it.
We are currently seeking an experienced Truck Driver to transport construction equipment to and from our branch to local job sites.
HERC offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package (including a 401(k) plan with company match and company contributed pension plan), discounts on vehicle rentals and purchases, generous vacation program, and excellent advancement opportunities.
The successful candidate is responsible for:
- Transporting, delivering, and retrieving construction equipment
- Operating a Commercial vehicle in safe and efficient manner
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
- Perform pre and post vehicle inspection
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience
- Traffic rules and regulations
- Map reading knowledge, basic math, reading and writing
- Must have valid Commercial drivers license with current medical certificate
- Ability to secure loads safely
- Customer Service skills
- Team oriented
- Good communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Stress management
- Experience with driving and towing trailers
- Experience hauling construction equipment preferred
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Hertz is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.