Get similar jobs by email Register →
VAT Assistant Manager | Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, paid overtime or time off in lieu, interest free season ticket loan, pension, annual salary reviews, profit sharing, childcare vouchers | VAT | Edinburgh
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Assistant VAT Manager to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Edinburgh. The successful Assistant VAT Manager will join the VAT Group in Edinburgh as part of the growth of VAT as service line across their Scottish and Northern Region. The National VAT group has two teams, one dealing with charity and not for profit clients and the other focusing on landed estates, private client and corporate issues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for advising on many different aspects of VAT compliance, transaction and liability matters.
- Advice is provided through face-to-face meetings and via written correspondence to clients and the successful candidate will also be expected to act as a technical resource for internal partners and staff on a variety of different VAT issues.
- Dealing with internal and external clients directly on a day to day basis.
- Supporting the Edinburgh based director with growing the VAT practice.
Specialist Skills and Experience required:
- Candidates will ideally be CTA qualified or be studying towards the final stages
- Degree educated
- Be committed to a career in VAT and will have relevant strong experience in a general practice role in a medium to large sized firm
- Awareness of how clients compile VAT returns using ERP or accounting packages, and how to advise clients on managing risk would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with partners and clients, excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Travel will be required to the other Northern regional office and also occasional trips to London. A clean driving licence and access to a car to be used for business purposes would be advantageous, together with the flexibility to travel to visit clients across the UK, as necessary
Our client is a well established Top 20 chartered accountancy firm, with offices across the UK. They provide their exceptional training and long term career development opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company.
If you are interested in this role and want to know more apply now for further information!
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
- VAT Manager
€£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits
VAT Manager | Salary £45 - £55k + excellent benefits | Chartered Accountancy firm | Edinburgh SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a VAT Manager for an award-winni...4 days ago
- Audit Manager
Audit Manager | Salary £35-56k + bonus and a generous benefits package | Audit / Not for Profit Chartered Accountant | Edinburgh SRGEurope have been appointed to recru...16 days ago
- Tax Manager
€£35000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Tax Manager | Salary £35,000 - £60,000 + excellent benefits | Chartered Accountancy firm | Inverness SRGEurope has been appointed to recruitment a Tax Manager to work ...24 days ago
- Manager - Private Clients
City of London, London
Manager - Private Clients | Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, paid overtime or time off in lieu, interest free season ticket loan, pension, an...4 days ago