1.1 Jobcoconut is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2 DATA CONTROLLER
2.1 For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the data controller is Jobcoconut.
3 INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
3.1 We may collect and process the following data:
• Information that is provided by any person filling in forms on a Jobcoconut website.
• Information that is provided by any person (whether on their own behalf or as agent, employee or contractor of another person) using the services available through our site (together, the “Service”). This information will include without limitation the personal information (such as name, age, email address, contact details, certification of degrees, transcripts etc.) of any person whose details are stored as part of use of the Service.
• Information that we obtain about you, other than directly from you. This includes, for example, data made available publicly by you.
• Information provided by any person reporting a problem with the site and/or the Service.
• If any person contacts us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask users of our site and/or the Service to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although there is no obligation to complete those surveys.
• Details of transactions carried out through our site.
• Details of visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by users.
4 COMPANIES OR EMPLOYERS
4.1 We will process all information uploaded by you to our site on the basis that you have complied with all your own obligations in relation to the Acts. In particular, we will operate on the basis that, where you are a company, employer or contractor, that you have obtained the express consent of all employees, contractors, agents, sub-contractors, customers or other persons whose personal information is uploaded by you to our site. Do not upload any personal information belonging to any person to our site without the express consent of that person.
5 IP ADDRESSES
5.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (if any). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
6.1 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
6.3 We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
6.4 You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name Default Expiration Purpose
_utmc End of session Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
_unam 2 years Recognizing the user.
_ga 2 years Used to distinguish users.
_gat 2 years Used to throttle request rate.
_oliver_session 10 minutes This cookie identifies the user to the Volcanic Platform
ahoy_visitor 10 minutes The ahoy cookies are an internal tracking system that tracks a user across the site even if they aren't logged in. It tracks the "visitor" and the current "visit". This is used to provide feedback about anonymous user activity.
cookiecontentdismissed 10 minutes The cookies starting cc and cookiecontentdismissed are just tracking if the user has agreed that the site will be providing that content to them. Once they have agreed they no longer get the popup asking about it
6.5 You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
7 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7.2 In the event that your data is transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA or is processed by staff operating outside the EEA, we will inform you of the country to which your data is being transferred and of the safeguards in place. Your data will only be transferred to a country deemed to have adequate data protection pursuant to a European Commission decision or to a data importer based on an agreement pursuant to European Commission approved standard contractual clauses protecting your data abroad. In the event that your data is transferred based on such an agreement, a copy of the agreed contractual clauses will be made available here.
7.3 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions (if any) will be encrypted using Payment encryption technology. Details are transmitted to Stripe using TLS (https) where they are encrypted with AES-256 before being stored. It is worth noting that Volcanic, and by extension JobCoconut, DOES NOT store credit card information. Stripe gives us a single use token that represents a person, and we tell Stripe to charge that person the required amount. Credit card details never hit our servers.
7.4 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
7.5 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8 USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
8.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To help you find jobs or candidates, to facilitate your application for jobs, to help us help you find suitable jobs or candidates, to suggest related content that could be of interest to you.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
8.2 We may also use your data in order to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these through our site, by email or by other electronic means. We will not provide any personal data to any third parties for this purpose. When registering for the Service, you will be asked to expressly consent to the use of data in this manner and, if you do not opt-in, we will not use your data for this purpose.
8.3 We may also aggregate information that is collected from users on our site. This information will not identify any person. We may also provide third parties with this aggregate information about our users that does not identify them. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
8.4 The period for which any personal data will be stored will be for the period of time during which there is an agreement in place between us and you and for any period of time reasonably necessary to put the information stored to the uses outlined above. In addition, we may retain personal data for such period as is necessary to protect our legitimate and/or vital interests.
9 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
9.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 8 of the Companies Act, 2014.
9.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Jobcoconut or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
10 USER RIGHTS
10.1 Users have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. Users can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at info@Jobcoconut.com
10.2 Users also have the to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
10.3 Users also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner or other supervisory authority as appropriate .
10.4 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11 DESTRUCTION OF DATA
11.1 We may destroy or otherwise dispose of any of personal data we collect from you unless we receive, no later than ten days after the end of any agreement with you (whether under terms of service or otherwise) or a trial period (where no contract is entered into immediately following the trial period), a written request for the delivery to you of the then most recent back-up of any of your personal data we hold. We shall use reasonable commercial endeavours to deliver the back-up to you within 30 days of our receipt of such a written request, provided that you have, at that time, paid all fees and charges outstanding at and resulting from the ending of your contract with us. For any second or subsequent request of this nature, we may charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
11.2 You have the right to have your personal data erased by us without undue delay following a request made by you, and we will erase your data unless we have a lawful reason not to do so. It is lawful for us to retain personal data for such period as is necessary to protect our legitimate and/or vital interests.
12 ACCESS TO INFORMATION
12.1 The Acts gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
14.1 Reference in this policy to Jobcoconut is a reference to HAC Recruitment Solutions Limited trading as Jobcoconut.