Jobcoconut ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- We may collect and process the following data:
- Information that is provided by any person filling in forms on our site www.jobcoconut.com .
- Information that is provided by any person (whether on their own behalf or as agent, employee or contractor of another person) using the services available through our site (together, the “Service”). This information will include without limitation the personal information (such as name, age, email address, contact details, certification of degrees, transcripts etc.) of any person whose details are stored as part of use of the Service.
- Information provided by any person reporting a problem with the site and/or the Service.
- If any person contacts us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask users of our site and/or the Service to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although there is no obligation to complete those surveys.
- Details of transactions carried out through our site.
- Details of visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by users.
COMPANIES OR EMPLOYERS
We will process all information uploaded by you to our site on the basis that you have complied with all your own obligations in relation to the Acts. In particular, we will operate on the basis that, where you are a company, employer or contractor, that you have obtained the express consent of all employees, contractors, agents, sub-contractors, customers or other persons whose personal information is uploaded by you to our site. Do not upload any personal information belonging to any person to our site without the express consent of that person.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (if any). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Default Expiration time
End of session
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions (if any) will be encrypted using Payment encryption technology. Details are transmitted to Stripe using TLS (https) where they are encrypted with AES-256 before being stored. It is worth noting that Volcanic, and by extension JobCoconut, DOES NOT store credit card information. Stripe gives us a single use token that represents a person, and we tell Stripe to charge that person the required amount. Credit card details never hit our servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To help you find jobs or candidates, to facilitate your application for jobs, to help us help you find suitable jobs or candidates, to suggest related content that could be of interest to you.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data in order to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these through our site, by email or by other electronic means. We will not provide any personal data to any third parties for this purpose. By registering for the Service you consent to the use of data in this manner.
We may also aggregate information that is collected from users on our site. This information will not identify any person. We may also provide third parties with this aggregate information about our users that does not identify them. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 8 of the Companies Act, 2014.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Jobcoconut or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Users have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect user data. Users can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
DESTRUCTION OF DATA
We may destroy or otherwise dispose of any of personal data we collect from you unless we receive, no later than ten days after the end of any agreement with you (whether under terms of service or otherwise) or a trial period (where no contract is entered into immediately following the trial period), a written request for the delivery to you of the then most recent back-up of any of your personal data we hold. We shall use reasonable commercial endeavors to deliver the back-up to you within 30 days of our receipt of such a written request, provided that you have, at that time, paid all fees and charges outstanding at and resulting from the ending of your contract with us. We may charge a reasonable fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Acts gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.